Header Ads

CARRYING YOUR INSECURITIES WITH YOU!

 
      So practically, people feel that in whatever you might need to engage yourself in, you need to drop your fears and insecurities for it to become a success.. I do not agree!
     In the journey of life, we are often mostly faced with insecurities whether what we are about to engage in will yield a positive result or not.. We get scared, we shrug almost finally giving up.
    But I say, most times, this insecurities might just be all you need to keep moving.
    Recently I had this long time chat with my childhood friend who has been studying medicine in the United Arab emirates, he just got to Nigeria and we engaged in this little chit chat about how life has been treating everyone. And then he said something, he said every single time he thinks he might not perform well in a particular thing he's about to engage in, he stands upright and at the entrance or the start of it, he drops those insecurities at the door and go do his thing and the good thing is that, at the end of the day he couldn't believe his performance... You know why?.. He has actually considered all that could  go wrong and then pictured it and then told himself, ' you know what, I can't afford not to perform well' and that was it! Viola!
    People will come and ask you at the beginning of a stage performance are you scared? Nervous? You shouldn't be.. Dont be nervous
    But you know what, let me be nervous.. Abi is it your nervous ni? Lol.  Maybe I need this very feeling to go through it and do just fine.
   Eniola said someone once told  him not to be  scared of writing one of the biggest life changing medical exams buh guess what, it is a motherf**king life changing exam! If I told myself I want to go through it, then I really want to even though its difficult..            Those fears and insecurities are just one of the human feelings when taking a big bold step. So Eniola told him, 'hell yeah,I am scared' but is it your scared?. Abeg let me be scared jare.
    Fiona Apple once said ' Everyone sees me as this sullen and insecure little thing, those are just sides of me that I feel necessary to show because no one else seems to be showing them'....
   Also Stephen Fry, "Its not all bad, heightened self consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, self-loathing. They are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels, without them I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.
   These are people who have found positivity in the midst of their fears and negativities.
   My point is, inspirations are everywhere around you..find your inspiration even from your weakness.. And you never can tell, that might just be what you need to excel through it all...
                                 
                                                       OLAMIDE®

1 comment:

  1. Preeeeeeaaaaaach!!! Also thanks for the shout out :p

    I couldnt agree more.

    ReplyDelete

Ola's Blog. Powered by Blogger.