Header Ads

BEING OVERLY NICE, MY EXPERIENCE..!


     So initially i use to be that person who cherish friendship a lot and when I get to like someone and gather the courage to call that person 'a friend', then this person must really hold a special place in my heart. And I say 'gather courage' because most times they always end up leaving...
   I'll share an experience of how I met a very kind, heart welcoming dude who in a very short time I learnt to love him and respect him as a FRIEND( this is in capital because most people tend to define your relationship with people from another view, mostly offensive, therefore precision is important)
 
   So as I was saying, we got close , talked about almost everything, hanged out a lot and somewhere along the line he claimed 'to have fallen in love with me'. Lol
    Okay, I'm laughing out loud because of its absurdity, you know why?.. This same guy claimed to love a girl who happens to be my friend earlier on but since she turned him down..reason being that ( story for another day).he decided to try his luck with this vulnerable girl that happens to be me.
   Now, I didn't really have an issue with him asking me out, I told him no outrightly... Told him we could only be friends, why? Because I love someone else which he was very aware of.
   He was cool with that and I thought the friendship would still survive though I was scared at some point, I knew he might not be comfortable being friends anymore..so i was ready for whatever lies ahead of the relationship.
    I do love him a lot, like I showed all the love a friend would give...I guess I gave too much, maybe I dont know but While I was still trying to be selfish to keep the friendship going, he started acting strange which of course was expected..he started to blame me for every single thing that goes wrong..he became cold and at some point, he spilled it out ...."you lead me on"... What?!!! I'm like what does that even mean? I had to ask like three different people with the help of google to get what 'leading on' actually means..and trust me, it was the first time i heard that word!
    Very few days after I saw pictures of a girl I know again and I found out they were dating obviously from their loved up photos and captions and sincerely I was really happy he's with someone but immediately I reached out to him again to congratulate him, mhen, he did turned it around ooo as if I was gonna snatch the girl from him and In my mind I was like "dude! Calm down, I'm straight, I dont do girls nau". Lol
   So in the long run, I became the bad person ooo.. Like the bad person.. All the blames were thrown at me!
  Damn! How people change when they can't get what they want. What people turn into when they are not getting what they want from others..well that would be good in a positive kinda way, you get..
    All these story ehn only because I was sincerely a friend... That was how I lost this friend of mine..but I wouldn't use the word lost because he did loose me..I didn't. He did let go! He consciously drifted away. And for a while I felt I was the bad guy, I felt what if i truly led him on, what if he's a good person and I'm the hurricane... For a long time I thought about it, I blamed myself,  I cried so hard.I can't remember the last time I cried that hard over loosing a friend!
    The last time would be when my secondary school crush broke up with me..😁😁😂.
    So It took a while before I started to picture it right! Hell no Ola, this dude doesn't deserve you! You deserve someone better, you deserve a better friend. He ridiculed you, what kinda friend does that?!.. Nobody should be blamed for being overly nice. Well, i was.the ridicle ehn,(story for another day) So I kept thinking about it and I figured its time to take the bold step!.. Let go!. So yeah, I did let go, memories of course will always remain but these ones I do hope they fade.
    My point finally is.. Know the rules of how everything works,Learn the truth of every happenings around you and be careful of every relationship you engage in. Because the truth is you'll meet so many people with beautiful faces full of shit all locked up waiting to explode... So until that time,read the signs, be watchful so the shit doesn't explode right in your face..lol
    And also, don't let your encounter with the wrong kinda people change your attitude, your joy, your beautiful smile.
    I'm sure the dude i'm talking about has got his own side of the story too but this is my own story .. And ofcourse i walked boldly out of the situation...
   If you want his version of the whole tingy..contact him *tongue out*
    I hope you can get one or two things from this.. And if you've had a similar experience, dont forget to share with me in the comment box, let's know how you dealt with it.. *kisses*
Beautiful day y'all!
 

2 comments:

  1. I thought I am the only one here, I never knew if u r too caring, nice and free is a problem to people.
    Well, I filter Dis days

    ReplyDelete

Ola's Blog. Powered by Blogger.